We’re hiring! Come be part of the company that’s redefining the world of trend forecasting and the future of life at home.
About the role
We’re looking for a Finance Manager to join our team. At TrendBible, you’ll be part of the company that’s redefining the world of trend forecasting and the future of life at home. It’s a place where you can be yourself, influence the culture and create work that you’re proud of.
As Finance Manager you will be responsible for preparing accurate and timely financial management information. You will take the lead on the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly reforecasts and provide quality analysis and insight to inform the strategy of the business.You will also supervise the transactional finance activities to ensure that financial data is recorded on a timely and accurate basis.
Our ideal candidate
- Experience of preparing accurate and timely financial management information for a variety of stakeholders
- Experience leading the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly reforecasts
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in providing quality analysis and insight to inform the strategy of the business
- Experience in supervising transactional finance activities to ensure data is recorded on a timely and accurate basis
- Super-organised and able to manage own workload
- Proactive self-starter
- Exceptional communication skills
- To supervise the team in the processing of all sales invoices, purchases, receipts and payments
- To complete all month-end financial reporting procedures and reconciliations
- To calculate and forecast commission for sales staff and agents in line with agreed commission structure
- To prepare the company budget and quarterly forecasts for sign off by the Board, ensuring managers have ownership of their departmental budgets and are monitoring them through the year
- To prepare monthly management accounts and analyse variances against budget/latest forecast
- To prepare monthly KPIs for the Trendbible Board and management teams analysing utilisation, efficiency, overage and project profitability
- To monitor sales data by person and channel to inform sales targets
- To provide financial information for specific income streams to Board and senior management to analyse profitability and facilitate budget management
- To lead on the financial analysis of new activities, income streams or ways of working and provide appropriate advice and direction to facilitate the strategic decision making
- To manage cashflow and associated treasury management
- To perform credit control duties
- To ensure appropriate financial policies and procedures are in place and are being adhered to by all staff.
- To complete returns to HM Revenue & Customs (including but not limited to VAT returns), funding applications and other stakeholders, as required
- To provide advice, support and guidance for other staff on finance, budgeting and other related issues
- To assist in collating and evaluating profitability across income streams
- Processing expense, mileage claims and sale processing
- Contribute to the creation of better processes, tools and frameworks to improve ways-of-working
What we offer
You may currently be in a role where you aren’t able to grow or have ownership for becoming a real expert in your field. At TrendBible, not only do we encourage full autonomy for your work and execution of your vision, but you will also have unlimited learning opportunities.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – from our unique set of values that promote inspiration, delight, collaboration, ownership and growth through to the training and development of the whole team – to the social side of a business where everyone truly likes each other, our work environment is unique.
- 21 hours (equivalent to 3 days)
- Flexible working hours
- Head office is in Newcastle upon Tyne UK, however, this role can also be remote.
Apply Now – Closing date Friday 26th November
Please email your application to [email protected] with your CV and salary expectations.
TrendBible are a global trend agency and leaders in predicting the future of life at home. We work collaboratively with the world’s best brands helping them seize tomorrow’s opportunities.
If it can be done in, or to, the home – we’re already tracking weak signs of upcoming shifts in taste and habit around the world. Whether it’s the future of eating, decorating, playing, celebrating or bringing up children, we apply our expertise to develop those signals into strong and simple trend forecasts that create commercially successful products which connect with future audiences and stay true to brand.